Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusrss feedemail

Pages

2014年6月20日星期五

One direction longbow for father's day


So, my dearest wife and beautiful children got me a Gift and is a One direction longbow which wasi made of holiday ribbon for Father's day. A few of you might know that up until now I have been shooting pvc bows, and more recently a hickory self bow from Ringing Rocks Archery (unfinished, you finish it yourself) that I nickname "The Repetitive Stress Injury Bow" due to the insane amount of hand shock it delivers.

So, anyway, I have never fired a modern bow, and I was totally unprepared for the power this thing possesses. Compared to my previous "bows", arrows fly like they are fired out of a gun. I did some tuning and got the arrows hitting the bale almost dead straight on and they bury themselves almost to the feathers. Awesome...

But to the purpose of my post. The bow came with a little square of what looks like adhesive backed calf hair and a little cardboard template thingy. I'm assuming you cut the calf hair out in the shape of the cardboard and stick it on. My uncertainty lies in that the bow has a very sculpted shelf; many curves- not like a lot of bows where the shelf meets the side plate at a near 90 degree angle. I'm not sure exactly how to apply it, or even if I should bother?

没有评论:

发表评论

 

Grosgrain Ribbon

Grosgrain Ribbon

Christmas Ribbon

Christmas Ribbon

Halloween Ribbon

Halloween Ribbon